Let’s Discuss Pros and Cons Social Media
Interesting Facts About “Social Media“
- Students who used social networking websites while studying scored 20% lower on tests and exams and students who regularly used social media had an average GPA of 3.06 versus non-users who had an average GPA of 3.82.
- 35 global heads of state, every American Cabinet agencies, 84% of American state governors, every major candidates for US President, and more than 40% of top global religious leaders are on Twitter.
- 10% of Public younger than 25 years old responded to social media and text messages during sex.
- In July 2012 Americans spent 74.0 billion minutes on social media Network using home computer, 40.8 billion minutes using apps, and 5.7 billion minutes using mobile web browsers, a total of 121.1 billion minutes on social networking websites.
- Social media sites help students to do better study at schools.
- Social media helps empower business women by Spreading their work easily.
- Social media sites help employers find new employees and job-seekers find new work or job.
- Social media facilitates face-to-face interaction.
- Social media can help increase voter participation.
- Now a days Social media facilitates political change.
- Social media helps people who are socially isolated or shy connect with other people.
- Social media can help dis-arm social stigmas.
- “Crowd-sourcing” and “crowd-funding” on social media allows people to collectively Complete a goal together.
- Social media platform provides academic research to a wider kind of audience, allowing many people access to educational resources which previously unavailable to them.
- Corporations and small businesses use social media to benefit their Businesses.
- Social media offers a way for the musicians and many artists to build audiences even if they do not have a corporate contract.
- Social media offers teachers a platform to do collaboration with other teachers & communication with students outside the classrooms.
- Colleges and universities use social media to recruit and retain new students.
- Social media enables the unnecessary spread of unreliable & false information.
- Social media lacks privacy norms & exposes users data to government and corporate House.
- Students who uses heavy social media likely to have lower grades.
- Using social media network may harm job stability and employment prospects.
- Excessive Social media use causes people to spend less time interacting face-to-face.
- Criminals use social media networks to commit and promote crimes.
- Social media could endanger the military, journalists, and Social activists.
- Social media make possible cyber bullying.
- Social media use enables “sexting,” which may lead to criminal charges and the unexpected leakage of personal images.
- People who use social media excessively are prone to social isolation.
- Social media helps the unwanted spread of hate groups.
- Children might endanger themselves by not understanding viral nature of social media.
- Social media websites’ advertisers practices might constitute an invasion of privacy.
- Social media can increase the chances of inappropriate student-teacher relationships.
- Unauthorized sharing on social media network exposes artists to copyright infringement,loss of income, and loss of intellectual property.
- Using excessive social media can harm students’ chances for college admission.
- Social media users are most likely vulnerable to security attacks such as hacking, identity theft, and viruses.
I hope you like the above article about the pros and cons Social media, Please Share this post on your Social media and Subscribe to our Website Notification.